Sunday, October 21, 2007

Why I am Here


So why does one blog? Why open your heart to so many others, be they friend or stranger? It is a cultural phenomenon that may define our age. I blog for myself and I blog for my readers. I truly feel as though I have much to offer. I have been through a lot and if I can provide insight on life to others simply by sharing my heart, then far be it from me to withhold.
For the canines out there I am 35 years old. For the homosapiens I am merely 5 years old. I assume this blog readership will surely cross species lines. For those of you yet to enjoy me, let's catch you up to speed.
In early May I had had enough of my former living situation and took the opportunity to escape. It was a daring escapade worthy of Steve McQueen. In the interest of confidentiality and those who may be on the hunt for me I will only refer to my former life in hints and riddles when necessary.
I made my way to the Sunshine Terrace area of town as I knew it to be a good one having summered there in my youth. Unfortunately, luck was not on my side. I spent one quarter of a fortnight meandering through the heat of day and the darkness of night. I am not meant for the savagery of outdoor living and just when I thought I must be on my last leg a motherly woman came upon me. She took me in to her quaint home. But, to my horror she had children! I have very little patience for these tadpole like creatures with their running and playing and general mischief.
Like Bill Clinton responding to sex scandal allegations I wiggled my way out of there. Finding a small opening in the fence I managed to jackknife my way through. I scooted quickly across the ground showing my captors my best feature kissing them goodbye.
After two more days on the lam, a beautiful woman in a magenta aged teri cloth robe caught my eye. I allowed her to catch me and soon felt again the warm embrace of a woman. It felt right.




She lives in a charming stone house


with her husband


and a savage beast of a dog who goes by the name of Lucy.


It has now been six months and I now call this home. I think I'll stay...for now.

5 comments:

Sam Tsang said...

cute corgi you've got there! Come join other corgi owners at mycorgi.com we would love to have ya!

Mama Ann said...

Hello Sammy,
What a cute doggie you are! You remind me of my doggie Missy Bea. Some people say she's part Corgi.
She found us just like you found the Houghtons--such a good pack family!
We love to cuddle on the couch with our doggie too. Bet you love to take naps with them don't you, just like we do.
Hope to see more about what you're doing with the Houghtons.

Winnie said...

Sammy...are you going to tell them one day about your little trick?

Baby Fat Jones said...

i've got to say, sammy...you remind me a lot of a canine version of creed from the 'office.'

keep the updates coming. i love getting a glimpse into your life.

Sky Girl said...

Do you remember meeting me, Sammy? It was very brief. I look forward to seeing you again.